How we use your information
We use and analyse your information to keep in touch with you and to keep you up to date with Singapore Garden. In particular, this means using your information to:
- Sort out a payment and put your order through our system.
- Get in touch with you (e.g. if we need to talk to you about your order).
- Look into any complaints or questions you may raise.
- Tell you about an event that we think may interest you
- Check what you're interested in, so we can offer (and develop) our services to you.
- Send you information about Singapore Garden by phone, email, text, online banner advertising, or other ways. For some of this marketing activity we need your consent and, in those circumstances, we will only send you messages if you have asked to receive them.
We use your information in these ways because:
- We need make sure that we can provide you with products and services and to manage your account with us.
- Some of our use of your information is necessary for our legitimate business interests (such as conducting market research).
- You have given your consent to us using your data in relation to some forms of use. For example, in relation to using your information to send you marketing emails. You can opt out of this at any time.
How we share your information:
In connection with the purposes described above, we may share your information with others:
With any public authority or law enforcement agency (if they ask for it).
To comply with law or regulations, or for possible legal proceedings.
If you give us personal information that's wrong or we find out (or think) you're responsible for fraud. In these circumstances we might share your information with third parties such as law enforcement agencies
Why we keep hold of your information
There are certain reasons we have to keep hold of your information.
We keep information while you're an Singapore Garden customer or after you've left us, but only as long as we need it for the purposes described above. How long we keep it depends very much on the type of information and purpose.
In each case, the length of time that we need to keep the information may be different, but we will only keep the information for as long as we need it.
If you don't want us to send you relevant offers or marketing information, you can opt out anytime by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
You have a number of legal rights in relation to the information that we hold about you, including:
The right to request details of the information we have about you. There are a couple of ways to do this and some requests have to be writing for legal reasons.
The right to withdraw your consent to the use of your information where we are relying on that consent (for example, you can opt out of receiving marketing messages from us).
The right to ask that we update your information if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to ask that we erase your information in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your information but we are legally entitled to retain it.
The right to request that we restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict the processing of your information, but we are legally entitled to refuse that request.
The right to make a complaint with the Information Commissioner www.ico.org.uk if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us on email@example.com